The countdown continues to Christmas Day and the end of a great Giveaway! If you enjoy Chobani yogurt as much as I do, you will be happy to know that there is still time to enter for a chance to win a case of Chobani Greek yogurt in the new 16-ounce size.
You have until the minute before Santa comes down your chimney (Dec 24th at 11:59 p.m. CST). There are 10 ways to enter and if you are already an EatingLocal in the Lou fan/follower on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google Friend Connect, you have an automatic entry by clicking on that option. a Rafflecopter giveaway
Before you dash away, here is a lovely recipe featuring peach Greek yogurt:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, chopped (Shirk's Country Market)
- 1/4 cup maple sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (make your own by following this link)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- a pinch salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 16 ounce Chobani peach Greek yogurt
- Combine peaches, maple sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring sugar and 2 Tbsp. water to a boil. Remove from heat, whisk in butter, heavy cream and vanilla bean. Allow to cool.
- In a parfait glass, layer compote, top with peach Greek yogurt, and drizzle spiced vanilla sauce.