We’re all busy…always on the go, never having enough time in the day to get it all done. But let’s be honest. Each of us has our complete an utter, just-for-the-heck-of-it, total time wasters that we enjoy. And we should.
Mine happens to be watching the “Bachelor” and the “Bachelorette”. Nothing at all productive comes out of watching this show. But week after week, my hubby and I are glued to the television, anticipating what will come next, anxious to see who will receive “the final rose”.
Thankfully we have a few friends that are brave enough to admit that they too waste a couple of hours of their lives each Monday night watching this show. Over the course of time, we’ve each tiptoed out of the “reality show closet” to confess that we are also Bachelorette and Bachelor fans. Now that we've admitted our obsession, we get together each season to watch the finale.
This past Monday happened to be our turn to host the Bachelorette “The Final Rose” watching party. I made this Lemon-Thyme Whipped Ricotta Dip as one of the apps for the eve. Blending fresh herbs, lemon juice and lemon zest with ricotta results in a light, airy, and ultra healthy dip.
With a dip this smooth and sexy, you might just be tempted to leave your basic boring mayo-based dip forever!
Question: What complete and utter time-waster do you enjoy?until next time...
Lemon-Thyme Whipped Ricotta Dip (adapted from Eating Well Magazine, July 2014 issue)
- 15 ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (I used lemon thyme from my garden)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, snipped (also from my garden)
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine ricotta, thyme, chives, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper in food processor, pulsing about 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, smooth top with back of a spoon. Drizzle oil and garnish with thyme.
- Serve with fresh, local (preferably organic) vegetables that are in season.